Top Ten Reasons to go read The Rejectionist
10. Frequent, unapologetic swearing
9. Posts which are written using the royal 'we'
8. Dramatic capslock use
7. Intense, vocal hatred of bad writing, the like of which may never be seen again by mortal man, usually parsed into mocking, humourous commentary
6. Continuing love of aspiring authors, no matter what utter waste-of-paper manuscripts appear in the slush pile
5. Random lessons on grammar and spelling
4. Posts that highlight cool feminist things or call out racism, sexism, and other prejudice for the shit that it is
3. Lola Pants
2. The funny. Oh dear god, the funny
1. This post. Specifically this quote: "THERE'S NO CRYING IN PUBLISHING. Go out there with your fabulous selves, and own that shit. OWN IT. LOVE YOURSELF. Own how awesome you are, and how brave, every last one of you. Fuck a bunch of form letters. You're a fucking WRITER." [edited to add] AND THIS POST about Stieg Larsson. "Most of us will never be abducted by a sadistic serial killer, thankfully. But all of us will, at some point, be told we are less because we are female. The worst thing about this book is that it seems to be saying the only violence against women that counts is the kind that ends up with us dead. The rest of us, I guess, are just complaining."
Just let me get my cheerleading outfit and pom-poms, and give me a minute to change.